Wednesday 5 February 2014

Rooley Moor

12.3 Miles
447 Metres Ascent

02/02/14

Another day and another tight deadline.  I had pretty much 4hrs to do something with.  So a ‘dash’ up Rooley Moor was in order.  As I’ve said in the past, this is a good hard track that takes you up and over the moors.
 
It was windy again but dry.  The sun even came out at a few points!  There were a few points I could have done with sunglasses, which after yesterday was a shock to the system. 

I got to the base of Cowpe Lowe before turning around.   The path was fairly busy (4 walkers, 10+ mountain bikers, in 4hrs) but still quiet for somewhere with such easy access from towns.   Always surprised that more people aren’t up here!
 
Two walks in two days did leave my left heal feeling sore.  It’s a problem that I have had in the past when doing walks on consecutive days.  It will probably come up in a blister, but it’s pretty deep and not caused by rubbing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment