Wednesday 4 September 2013

#20 Ringing Roger

4.45 Miles
596 Metres

My initial thoughts on this walk were posted earlier as I slowly collapsed into a sweaty heap in Hills 1-0 Andy.  Now I have to say I was a sweaty mess.  Much more than I thought I should be.  However, I got up, ate some Jelly Belly beans and carried on.  The plan had been to go up towards Ringing Roger, round the top and back down via Grindslow Knoll.  In to the pub and job done.  A nice warm-up at the end of the day.


In the end I was a bit late and with the light fading I decided that as I didn't really know how far it was round (I guessed 5 miles in total) I better just do a short walk and drop back down.  After my moment I headed up Golden Clough onto the tops and up over Nether Tor.  I was enjoying myself, it was dry and the paths good (too good in places!).  I got to Upper Tor before I figured it was best to turn back.  

If I had been sensible I would of gone down the way I came, but I was thinking after all the hard work to get up here why not have a wander.  I went over Ringing Roger before coming back down towards the Nab.  The failing light wasn't an issue until crossing Grinds Brook in a wooded valley.  It was a bit dark!  Spooky woods but the pint and lure of steak dragged me through.  As it was I'm on a diet so no booze, and the pub didn't have steak on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment