Sunday 9 June 2013

Berghaus Freeflow 20 Rucksack

The Berghaus Freeflow 20 Daysack is a great little bag, ideal for a short day or for when you are traveling light.  At 20 litres it's certainly at the smaller end of the rucksack spectrum.  I have used this bag a few times now on day walks and it is about the ideal size for a summers day.

A lovely blue.
The capacity is enough for a jumper (or waterproof) and a packed lunch.  It's also big enough for a few odd and sods (camera, wallet etc) and comes with a few zipped pockets.  A small internal pocket is good for keys and wallet, whilst the external pocket is about right for a camera/GPS/etc. 

For such a small bag it does have a lightweight frame, in the form of the Freeflow system from Berghaus Rucksacks.  Designed to help airflow and in theory reduce sweat.  Despite some scepticism, it does work to a certain extent, I'm not saying it will keep your back dry but it is better than the bag directly against the back. 

The frame does make that bag a little stiff, and at first it seemed the move about a lot with my walking action (mainly sliding over the lower back).  After a short while and a bit of strap adjustment it became no longer noticeable.

On the whole I like it, and in the current good weather it has become my grab bag, packed and ready.  There are a couple of features I don't like (not show stoppers really!), one is the chest strap and the other is the waist belt, I just don't see the point of them really.  As you can't carry that much weight, due to it's size, I can't see when these would be particularly useful?

Ideal for summer day walks or bike ride where there is no need to carry too much. 

Disclaimer - I was provided this pack for free to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment